In celebration of self-expression, individuality and World Goth Day, Illamasqua has teamed up with raw vegan and proud goth, Goth in the Raw.
Exclusively for Illamasqua, Goth in the Raw has created a vegan recipe inspired by our Lip Lure in Nebulus for World Goth Day.
Raw Vegan NEBULUS II Tart
Green Lemon Tart with a Black Walnut, Cardamom + Black Sesame Seed Crust and Topped with Blueberries, Lemon Zest + Green/Charcoal Dusting
By Adaora Osimiri-Lewis aka Goth In The Raw
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dates Medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, then drained reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract or the paste of 1 vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Black lava salt or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon food grade activated charcoal
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 6 hours but better when soaked overnight; then drained
- ½ cup distilled water
- Juice and the zest of one organic lemon
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon blue algae powder
- A handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Blue green algae for dusting
TO CREATE THE CRUST:
- In a food processor add the pecans, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, black sesame seeds, salt and activated charcoal. Pulse until ground and coarse.
- Drain the water from the soaked dates, saving 1/3 cup of the liquid. In the processor, add the dates and vanilla and water (little by little); blend until it is well combined and forms a soft dough. If needed, you can add more water.
- Press the mixture into the tart pan, making sure to press up along the sides of the pan and the bottom firmly. Place in the freezer to firm up until ready to add the filling.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- In a high-speed blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, agave and blue algae; blend until creamy and smooth. Add the cream to the crust and freeze for 3-5 hours or until firm.
- Carefully remove the tart ring by pushing up from the bottom. *Note: the slower you go, the better. Take your time.
- Top with blueberries, lemon zest & dust with blue algae and charcoal. Serve immediately and indulge.
Stay tuned for more recipes inspired by Illamasqua products from Goth in the Raw. Follow Goth in the Raw: gothintheraw.com
All sale proceeds of Lip Lure in Nebulus go directly to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. Learn more about Illamasqua & The Sophie Lancaster Foundation: illamasqua.com/S-O-P-H-I-E
In celebration of self-expression, individuality and World Goth Day, Illamasqua has collaborated with raw vegan and proud goth, Goth in the Raw. Goth in the Raw has created a vegan dish inspired by Illamasqua’s Lip Lure in Nebulus, of which all sale proceeds go directly to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation a cause very close to all of our hearts…