The Oscars: Get the look
We’ve all seen the best dressed (and the worst!) from the Oscars by now, but what about make-up looks? Did you go goo-goo for ga-ga or did Rita Ora have that certain aura? Find out how to recreate our pick of the best looks from the night with our Australian Brand Ambassador, Frances.
Firstly we look to Margot Robbie’s look (the bombshell from Wolf of Wall Street) – not only was her black gown something of a hot topic of conversation, but her strong lipstick against her chiseled cheekbones almost made the dress an accessory to her look.
Frances tells us how to get Margot’s look;
4. Add two coats of Masquara in Raven to the upper and lower lashes.
6. Comb the hairs up with Brow Gel, this will make the brows look fuller, softer and keep them in place.
7. Define and create a fuller lip with Lip Colouring pencil in Spell.
8. Add Lipstick in Soaked this is a perfect match to Margot’s lips
Or are you more of a fan of Jennifer Hudson’s look? Frances walks us through this starlets look…
2. With a Blending Brush apply Powder Eyeshadow in Wolf to the outer corners of the eyes and through the crease.
3. Using a Smoulder Brush apply Powder eyeshadow in Wolf to the lower lash line.
4. Blend and highlight the browbone and inner corners of the eyes with our popular Pure Pigment in Furore.
5. Apply Eye Colouring Pencil in Sophie to the inner water line and the upper lash line.
6. Create a blended smouldered eyeliner by using the Smoulder brush and blending out the Sophie pencil on the upper lash line.
7. Add two layers of Masquara in Raven
8. Using and Angled brush and Precision Brow gel in Strike fill in the brows, start off with les product and a shading effect for the inner parts of the brow and more product for the ends of the brows.
9. Define the lips with Lip Coloring Pencil in Power.
10. Apply Lipstick in Cherub for a perfect match
Maybe Gaga is more your cup of tea? She wasn’t wearing her poker face however…over to Frances with the make-up;
1. Prep the eyelids with Cream Pigment in Hollow.
2. Press Powder Eyeshadow in Synth (iridescent pink) from the Empower Palette to the eyelid.
3. Using a Blending Brush apply Powder in Blink from the palette (beige nude) to the crease of the upper eyelid and under the lower lash line.
4. Using a Smoulder Brush buff a small amount of Precision Gel liner in Infinity to the upper lash line creating a smokey effect.
5. Apply a layer of Masquara to the upper lashes and False lashes in #14.
6. Add Pure Pigment in Static (shown below) to inner corners.
7. Using an Angled brush apply a small amount of Precision Brow Gel in Strike to the brows. Tip- Softly shade it in the center of the brows using even less product than you would for the tail of the brows.
Gaga’s hair was something to admire, with a look low ponytail fit for a catwalk:
For someone who comes from the block, she’s looking pretty fly here! We know this one will be a popular one, so find out how to recreate this booty-shaking look here with Frances;
1. Prep the eyelid with Cream Pigment in Emerge.
2. Buff Powder Eyeshadow in Bronx (apt name!) on the eyelid and under the lower lash line using a Blending Brush.
3. Highlight the browbone and inner corners of the eyes with Pure Pigment in Furore.
4. Apply Masquara in Raven to the upper and lower lashes.
5. Apply False lashes in #14.
Special mention to that pony tail – we love the gentle curl at the tip
6. Using an Angled Brush apply Precision Brow Gel to the brows.
7. Comb hairs into place with Brow Gel.
8. Create definition to lips with Lip Colouring Pencil in Indecent.
9. Apply Lipstick in Pinkie to the lips.
London’s own girl Rita Ora looked the picture of perfection, the new judge on ‘The Voice’ should be crowned ‘The Face’ the way she was looking this night. Frances, how did she do it?!
1. Prep the eye with Cream Pigment in Hollow.
2. Using Illamasqua’s Sculpting Duo in Heliopolis and Lumos apply Heliopolis (contour shade) with an Eyeshadow Brush to the upper lid and under the lower lash line. Using a Blending Brush, blend and highlight the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes with Lumos (highlighter shade).
3. Create a bold eyeliner flick with Precision Ink in Abyss with ease as the fine tip allows you to create strong definition.
4. Apply two coats of Masquara in Raven.
5. Using an Angled Brush and Precision Brow Gel in Strike create a strong defined brow. Tip- Do half the brow and repeat the same step on the other brow and then finish second half of the brows, this always ensures you will achieve even brows.
6. Using a Contour Brush Apply Heliopolis from the Sculpting Duo under the cheekbone and Lumos on the cheek bone to give you that perfect strong Sculpt and Highlight.Lips-
7. Add definition to lips with Lip Colouring in Woo.
8. Apply Lipstick in Tease to the lips, this is a perfect match to Rita Ora’s nude lip.
1. Strong defined brows – Achieve this with our Precision Brow Gel – our latest and greatest edition to the brow family
2. Bold glossy lip – Our Intense Lipglosses have the intense colour of a lipstick but they’re a gloss
4. Hair is very polished. – Ok so we don’t have anything for this BUT find out more from our models who work at Bleach Salon for hair tips here.
Who else we loved from the Oscars…
Idris Elba – and his wife, another Londoner who we love and he’s got the bond vote from us!
Chrissy Teigen – with that hair and those lips is just… I can’t even!
Zendaya – Talk about brows on fleek – this girl wore such elegant makeup to go with her soft look and awesome hair!
We hope you enjoyed our post on how to get the looks from the Oscars, thank you Frances for the professional instructions. Comment below with any questions, thought or opinions you might want to share.
Lots of Illamasqua Love,