Today we are joined by the talented Antonia from Nails and Polka Dots. Antonia is the girl to go to for intricate and bright nail art designs and she has created a design just for us. Antonia was inspired by our Valentines collection when designing this nail art, so it’s definitely one which you can create for Valentines day this Friday! There is also a chance for you to win our ‘Im The One’ Nail Varnish in Throb so look out for how to win further on in this post. Antonia has put together a step-by-step guide as to how to get this look so I will pass over to her …
To create this look you will require:
- Top Coat & Base Coat
- Illamasqua Polishes in Boosh, Throb and Swinger
- a fine nail art brush
- a make up sponge
- a clean up brush
- nail polish remover or acetone
1) Start by applying your Base Coat (I prefer to use two coats to prevent staining my nails but one coat is fine too)
2) Paint your nails with one coat of Illamasqua’s Throb
4) Tape off your nails (I used tape I bought from my local super market – you can also use masking tape) – This will prevent polish getting all over your fingers.
6) Dab the sponge on your nails in a slight back and forward motion
7) Repeat this step as many times as you like until you achieve your desired gradient effect (For this manicure I repeated step six 3 times)
8) Remove the tape
9) Apply one coat of Illamasqua Top Coat (this will give your gradient a smoother look) and clean up your cuticles using nail polish remover or acetone and your clean up brush. Before you start with the next step wait until your topcoat is completely dry.
10) Using your small nail art brush and Illamasqua’s Boosh, start by painting the outline of a heart in the middle of your nail as shown in the picture
11) Add as many hearts as you like to the tip and the side of your nail (don’t worry if they are a bit wonky you can correct them later)
12) Fill in your hearts using your small nail art brush as well as Illamasqua’s Swinger
13) If you are not happy with the outline of the hearts after you filled them in, use Boosh to go over the outlines again.
14) Add another coat of Illamasqua’s Top Coat. Before you apply this, make sure your hearts have completely dried. This prevents smudging the polish.
15) Let dry and you are all set.
Happy Valentine’s day everyone 🙂
To be in with the chance of winning Nail Varnish in Throb head over to Antonia’s Instagram and look out for details on how to enter! We just want to say a big thank you to Antonia for creating this look for us, we love it! It’s definitely one which we will be attempting this Valentines day! If you recreate this look be sure to share it with us on social media!