My main reason for loving the Easter period as a kid was because of the copious amounts of chocolate you were allowed to eat without being told off by your Mom. As much as this is still the case (and I do still totally scoff my face), I also now love it because of the luxury 4 day weekend! But what happens when there is a 4 day weekend? Lots of socialising!! Which means tonight i’m going to spend the evening having a pamper, maybe slather on a layer of tan and spruce up my nails to get myself ready for the weekend events.
This week I am taking inspiration from our very own U.S Nail Ambassador, Fleury Rose. Last week, Fleury popped into the Huffington Post offices and gave them a lesson on how to create simple, yet adorabley effective Easter nail designs.
This nail design is so cute yet so simple to recreate, follow Fleury step-by-step points and try it yourself.
Nail color steps:
1. Shape, buff and prep nails with Illamasqua Base Coat.
2. On first hand, paint ring finger, middle finger and thumb with one coat of Nail Varnish in Speckle.
3. On second hand, paint the pinky and pointer with one coat of Nail Varnish in Freckle.
4. Paint all remaining nails with one coat of Nail Varnish in Scarce.
5. Apply a second coat of polish to all nails and allow to dry for approximately 5-10 minutes.
Design steps (can be done on one or all nails):
1. Using a long thin brush, draw an “X” shape on the nail using Nail Varnish in Milf.
2. Fill in the top and bottom of the “X” to create two triangles. Allow 3-5 minutes to dry.
3. Clean brush and use Nail Varnish in Swinger to paint two triangles on top of the green, which meet in the center.
4. Outline the green triangles with a thin gold line.
5. Decorate the design with studs and seal with a top coat.
With our brand new I’mPerfection Limited Edition Speckled Nail Varnishes, the choice of designs is endless.
What designs are you going to create this Easter?