Today, I have joined Valerie to ask her some questions about her inspirations, beauty regime and fave Illamasqua products. It turns out that she is one cool creative babe with an eye for inspiration from all over the place. Her versatility and technique is why we have asked her to answers our Beauty Spotlight questions, take a read and enjoy!
1. We will start off with an easy one. What’s your number 1 Illamasqua product and why?
All that glitters is gold! I have to say that my number one Illamasqua product is Liquid Metal in “Solstice”. It’s the first product that I had ever seen by Illamasqua and it was simply LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! I will never forget that very first purchase I made in 2010 and I have been hooked ever since!
2. We love your make up looks and how you use different techniques and colours. How do you get inspiration for your make up looks?
This is tricky because literally, I feel inspired every second of the day to create something. But I can say there is nothing that will get your creative juices flowing better than good ol’ Mother Nature! Especially flowers! There is so much beauty in the world and all we have to do is spend a little time in our own back yard. Besides nature, I love to check out fashion films, revisit fairy tales, and listen to high energy music for inspiration.
3. We can see you have glowing skin and always look 100%. Can you tell us what you do to take care of your hair, skin and body?
I believe that beauty starts from the inside out so it’s important for me to live a healthy lifestyle. I drink a lot of water and I moisturize my skin with Vitamin E oil daily. Overnight I love to lather my skin with Nars Skin aqua gel hydrator. And of course I cannot forget to thank Illamasqua Satin Primer and Skin Base foundation for helping my skin look so flawless.
4. If you had to create one look with only 5 Illamasqua products, which key products would you choose and why?
1. Preparing your walls with primer before you paint is the best way to ensure a lasting finish. The same goes for your skin and makeup so I would definitely put Satin Primer on this list.
2. I am from the sunshine state and I love the Bronzing Duo in Glint/Writhe because it gives the skin a perfect Sun Kiss.
3. Precision gel liner-it talks the talk and walks the walk.
4. Illamasqua cream blush alone can create one long lasting look! Add glamour to any part of the face: eyes, cheeks, lips. My favorite color is”Rude”.
5. Masquara in Raven is magic in a bottle. Definitely one of the few non waterproof mascaras ever created that is so long lasting, smudge-proof, and gives such a black, dramatic effect!
5. As you know Illamasqua products are known to have multiple uses. For example, our Cream Pigments double up as blushers and Lipsticks. What is your favourite Illamasqua product to use for more than one part of your make-up?
One of the things that I love about Illamasqua products is the versatility! It’s a dream come true for an artist! I would have to say my favorite is “Rude” Cream Blush! Peach/Coral/Apricot tones are so beautiful and they enhance and work on just about all skin tones. Not only do I use this product for cheeks, and lips, but I love to wear it as an eyeshadow base…either by itself, or with a pop of “half baked” eyeshadow on top.
6. We have seen how creative you are with your looks so we wanted to knowif you could create a new Illamasqua product what would it be and why? Don¹t forget to name it!
I believe that your eyebrows frame your face and they happen to be my favorite area to execute! Eyes are the window to the soul and I believe the eyebrows help to convey the emotions. Depending on the position of the eyebrow, the size/shape/ someone may come across as surprised, angry, and even mysterious (gotta love a raised eyebrow). I think it’s time to give the eyebrow some new options of expression by a boost of bright color! I would create brightly colored eyebrow gel Complimenting all eye shades Funky colors such as Magnetic Magenta, Cerulean Secret. We spend so much time on eyeshadows but I think it would be fun to switch the game up with “ILLectrical Brow Gel” 🙂
Thanks for reading!