Beauty Spotlight with…
1. What’s your number 1 Illamasqua product and why?
It is Aurora Gleam! The best highlighter EVER! Amazing shade that suits many
skintones. And it has gorgeous & the most beautiful glowing! My own tip for this
product – I use it without any foundation, just into my skin on all high points of
my face. It gives me even skintone, reduces redness and makes me GLOOOW!
2. If you could create a look with purely Illamasqua products what would
pigments for adding color and definition and liquid metalls for striking metallic
3. Make-up aside, what do you do to take care of hair, skin and body?
Moisturize a lot!! 🙂
4. If you could create a new Illamasqua product what would it be and why?
I guess it should be an eye jelly.It will give glossy lids effect without creasing
because of jelly texture. Just like Hydra Veil – you can stir it and Veil returns to
5. If you could pick 5 Illamasqua products to use over and over again what
would they be?
1. Aurora Gleam
2. Liquid Metal
5. Hydra Veil
6. As you know Illamasqua products are known to have multiple uses, what
is your favourite Illamasqua product to use for more than one part of your
make-up? (e.g. cream blushers for cheeks and lips/ Hollow cream pigment
for eyes and contouring)
1. Aurora Gleam as a primer under the foundation
2. Opulent lipgloss on eye lids
3. Lipstick in Box as a gorgeous red-toned blusher
4. White Skin Base + eye shadows for coloured foundations
7. What was your inspiration behind the looks you created at the recent
Masterclass you held in Moscow?
I took the inspiration from the 3rd season of American Horror Story TV-series. I
thought it would be interesting to play with witchcraft and darkness itself. I
made my own Coven – two witches, who summoned a Demon to our World. One
of two witches was inspired by Russian historical person – Boyar Morozova, who
were a cruel sadist and murderer. The other witch was my interpretation of
Black Widow realness. And the Demon was a handsome boy with bronzed skin
and fire colors and shades.
Thanks for reading our Beauty Spotlight interview with Syoma! You can follow him here.
Who would you like us to interview in upcoming posts? Leave a comment and let us know.