Today we are very excited to be joined by the amazingly talented make-up artist Sadiyah. Everytime Sadiyah posts a photo on Instagram we are amazed with her skills and the beauty & precision of her make-up looks. We know that you guys love her too, so we wanted to find out a bit more about which Illamasqua products Sadiyah loves, along with some beauty and make-up tips. So I will pass over to Sadiyah herself who has kindly answered some of our questions…
1. What’s your number 1 Illamasqua product and why?
Having tried numerous gel liners in the beauty markets, so far to date nothing compares to the Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner. It has a beautiful, rich consistency. Supremely smooth and creamy that glides on effortlessly. Another positive is it’s water resistant qualities. Very little smudging occurs, I am able to use this gel liner on my waterline and to create my wing liner and it remains smudge free throughout the whole day.
We love this cat eye look from Sadiyah using Precision Gel Liner.
2. If you could create a look with purely Illamasqua products what would you choose?
These products are enough to create a classic red lip look with a bold winged liner. Can’t go wrong with a classic red lip look, right? 😉
We love this classic look from Sadiyah using Lipstick in Maneater and Precision Gel Liner.
3. Make-up aside, what do you do to take care of your hair, skin and body?
Makeup enhances personal beauty, but the basics of beauty are good health and without health there is no beauty. The most common shared beauty tip amongst super models is water to keep your skin supple and radiant.
I use Emma Harde Moringa Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup and to cleanse my face every morning and the evening with a hot cloth. It leaves the skin very clean without over drying. Secondly as much as we all love the sun, it’s the singular biggest skin enemy. I always ensure my skin is topped up with an appropiate SPF before venturing out.
I use shampoos that are free of drying sulphates and for conditioning I use Morrocan intense hair mask twice a week. As I have ombre hair, it really helps to keep ends deeply nourished.
After showering I love applying the Olive Body Butter by The Body Shop on my body. It is very refreshing and light perfect for this season.
4. If you could create a new Illamasqua product what would it be and why?
A pro palette with different powder blushers! Personally I adore Illamasqua Blushers and having a pro blush palette with all the desired shades would be a dream come true!
5. If you could pick 5 Illamasqua products to use over and over again what would they be?
– Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner
– Pure Pigments in Ore (perfect to glam up any look).
– Intense Lipgloss in Move (beautiful soft pink shade, love the way it feels on my lips).
– Blusher in Ambition -(perfect for any occasion, wear it light or strong pretty either way!)
– Gleam in Supernatural – (gives a gorgeous natural sun kissed glow to the skin and looks great in photos!)
Gorgeous colourful look from Sadiyah using Precision Gel Liner and Intense Lipgloss in Move.
6. As you know Illamasqua products are known to have multiple uses, what is your favourite Illamasqua product to use for more than one part of your make-up?
Without a second thought, it has got to be Cream Pigment in Androgen, I love using this product for lips, cheeks or to conceal any hyper pigmentation and it seriously works amazingly in every way. It’s a highly diverse product with an amazing versatility.
Stunning ombre lip from Sadiyah using Cream Pigment in Emerge in the centre of her lips.
A big thank you to Sadiyah for answering our questions. We really enjoyed reading all her answers and we hope you all did too! Be sure to take a look at Sadiyah’s Instagram and Facebook pages, for more stunning make-up inspiration! Are any of Sadiya’s favourite products your favourites too? We would love to hear from you so be sure to mention @Illamasqua on Twitter. If you recreate any of Sadiyah’s looks we would love to see a photo, so head over to Instagram and remember to #Illamasqua so we can have a look!