Today we are looking at the work of the talented Caroline! Check out what Illamasqua products she LOVES, her beauty tips and what Illamasqua product she would invent if she could…
1. We will start off with an easy one. What’s your number 1 Illamasqua product and why?
Precision gel liner 100%. It is the blackest of the black, glides on like a dream, and stays put all day long. I reach for it over any other gel liner and can’t help but use it almost every single day. I will also smudge it along my waterline to get that super sultry smokey effect. Game changing product!
2. We love your make up looks and how you use different techniques and colours. How do you get inspiration for your make up looks?
I find inspiration in anything from a funky graphic material to a beautiful multicolored sunset. But to be completely honest, ninety percent of the time I usually don’t have a clear idea of the look I am trying to create until I’m about half way through my makeup. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on the verge of wiping everything off and then convinced myself to finish. To my surprise, the outcome (usually) is acceptable!
3. We can see you have glowing skin and always look 100%. Can you tell us what you do to take care of your hair, skin and body?
Within the last few years I have become a little obsessed with my skincare routine. I came to realize that beautiful makeup begins with a nice smooth canvas. Although I like to switch up my skincare routine pretty regularly, at the moment I am loving Philosophy Purity cleanser, Caudalie Premier Cru La Creme Riche moisturizer, and Lancôme Genifique Light Pearl eye serum. For hair, I love any combination of Bumble and Bumble and Living Proof products. Finally for body, I am a slave to Bliss Lemon and Sage Body Butter- so hydrating and the scent is heavenly!
4. If you create one look with only 5 Illamasqua products, which key products would you choose and why?
Only five!? Ok I will play by the rules…
1. Skin Base – fresh, dewy, buildable coverage- what’s not to love?
2. Neutral Palette- the quintessential palette for endless looks- soft day to ultra glam night
3. Precision Gel Liner- the Queen of gel liners- enough said
4. Gleam (in Aurora)- functional for skin, lips, eyes- bring on some more glow, baby!
5. Lush Lashes- the fullest most striking lashes I own- the ultimate icing on the cake
5. As you know Illamasqua products are known to have multiple uses. For example, our Cream Pigments double up as blushers and Lipsticks. What is your favourite Illamasqua product to use for more than one part of your make-up?
Gleam is such a versatile product for me because I love glowing skin. If I want an all over radiance I will mix a bit with my foundation and apply with a beauty sponge. It’s perfect for highlighting specific features too: cheekbones, bridge of nose, brow bone, Cupid’s bow, even the décolleté. I will even dab a touch of Gleam on the center of my lips to make them appear fuller and to give a slight ombré effect.
6. We have seen how creative you are with your looks so we wanted to know…if you could create a new Illamasqua product what would it be and why? Don’t forget to name it!
I would love to see a pressed luminous setting powder. The shimmer would be super finely milled to create a beautiful candlelit glow anywhere on the face and body. It would be called Brilliance Veil.
Thank you so much Caroline for answering our questions! We hope you enjoyed reading them as much as we did. Are any of your favourite Illamasqua products the same ? Let us know by mentioning @illamasqua on Instagram. Also be sure to check out Caroline’s Instagram for amazing make-up inspiration.