Today is the day that we give exclusive previews of our Spring launch to a select few. By this time next week, our latest collection will be on the shelves, online and ready to wear.
Before you get your hands on the new collection, here are my top tips for ensuring that you are prepped to make the most of it….
We’re launching five (yes, five!) new nail shades so you’ll need to ensure that your nails are in tip top condition.
- You might like to try filing your nails to match the shape of your nail bed. If your bed is round, create a round edge. If it is square, create a square edge. This will elongate your nails.
- Care for your cuticles. Massage a hand cream or oil into your hands and cuticles to ensure that they’re hydrated and plumped.
- Invest in some cotton pads. Our newest nail innovation will take a slightly more effort to remove than the average Illamasqua Nail Varnish… holding a remover-soaked cotton pad over the nail prior to removal will help to speed the process along.
The new collection is all about the cheeks. To ensure that yours are ready to work the latest shades, follow these simple steps…
- Exfoliate. Try using a muslin cloth to gently buff away any dead skin 2-3 times per week.
- Moisturise. Use a serum or moisturiser morning and night to keep your skin hydrated.
- Drink plenty of water! It is the cheapest and easiest way to glowing skin.
You might want to prepare your lips for the new collection because – trust me – they will be doing all of the talking.
- Buff them: give them a gentle scrub with a towel or a dry toothbrush after a bath or shower.
- Line them: our flesh coloured Medium Pencil, Vow, is superb for giving a really precise lip line whatever shade you’re going for. (I learned this tip from our PR Executive, Melanie!)
- Feed them: make sure your lips are hydrated by keeping a balm to hand.