The brand new member of the Illamasqua Skin Base family is here.
Our brand new Skin Base Concealer is guaranteed to be your new makeup bag essential. Providing extremely high-coverage, whilst leaving a silky-matte finish on the skin, it’s your quick fix for achieving a flawless, radiant complexion.
Containing powerful anti-oxidant Vitamin E, known for effectively helping to fight free radicals, including ones caused by UV light, your skin is left protected. The formulation also contains pro-vitamin B5 which helps to moisture the balance of the skin, allowing it to become softer, smoother and more elastic.
This guide will help you get the most out of your Concealer by showing you the different ways in which you can apply, whether you’re wanting the ultimate flawless base, or to sculpt the face in all the right places…
How to create the perfect, flawless base using your new Skin Base concealer.
Perfect for: erasing blemishes and under-eye discolouration.
- Cleanse skin thoroughly and moisturise. Massage around the eye contours with moisturiser to boost moisture levels.
- Apply a thin later of Hydra Veil all over the face.
- Take a small amount of Hydra Veil and pat around the eye contours using your ring finger to boost hydration levels.
- Taking your new Concealer Pen, click the pen once and sweep the cooling Zamac tip over any blemishes, whilst patting with the flat edge of the pen to blend into skin.
- Apply your preferred shade of Skin Base Foundation over the skin.
- Starting at the inner corners of the eye, draw a triangle down to the cheek and back up to the outer corners of the eye with the Concealer Pen. Use a Concealer Brush to pat the concealer into the skin starting at the bottom of the triangle and moving up towards the lash line.
CONCEAL TO REVEAL
How to use the Concealer Pen to sculpt the face.
- Choose a lighter shade of Concealer Pen – one or two shades lighter than your skin tone.
- Click through some product and draw a line of light from the top of the cheekbone, down towards the corner of the nose. Use the Concealer Brush to feather the edges back into the skin.
- Draw a parallel line underneath the shadow of the cheekbone. This will reveal the shape of the cheekbone without needing to contour.
- Sketch a line underneath the eyebrow and smooth back into the skin with a Concealer Brush.
- Sketch a line from the bridge of the nose half way down and blend. You can also highlight the tip of the nose for extra radiance.
- Highlight the Cupid’s Bow and blend.
- Highlight the chin, forehead and inner corners of the eyes with the Concealer Pen and smooth with a Concealer Brush.
- Finish with your favourite Beyond Powder for high-shine drama.
CONCEALER TOP TIPS:
- The eye area is the most delicate part of the face as there is minimal fatty tissue and water. It’s important to moisturise well before applying any makeup to boost moisture levels.
- Pat an extra layer of Hydra Veil into the eye contours. Hydra Veil contains microalgae, which provides a soothing effect, whilst Niacinamide and Sodium Hyluronate infuse the skin with hydration – giving you the perfect environment for makeup application.
- Use the Concealer Pen to conceal blemishes before applying foundation – this helps to create a seamless base. Using the Concealer Pen over the foundation may leave a difference in colour/texture to the foundation base.
- When concealing the eye area, we recommend applying after foundation – this helps to avoid using too much product under the eyes.
- Target the inner ‘nooks’ of the eyes first when concealer under the eyes, this is the deepest area of the eye socket.
- Draw a triangle from the inner corners of the eye down to the cheek and back up to the outer corner of the eye. This ensures the whole eye socket is targeted and provides a highlighted ‘uplift’ effect (image 1).
- To retain high coverage of the Concealer Pen, blend the edges using a patting motion with the Concealer Brush, the Zamac tip of the Concealer Pen, or fingertips – using a sweeping motion will diffuse the product.
- To manipulate into a sheer coverage, blend the product with a Blending Brush to diffuse.
- After applying eye make up, use the Concealer Pen to erase any imperfections and reveal the shape.
- Use a lighter shade of Concealer Pen to carve out the features. Carve out your highlights under and over the cheekbone to reveal the shadow, around the brow to strengthen the brow and around the lip line to emphasise or manipulate the shape (image 2).
- Lift the eyes and lips upwards using the Concealer Pen – excellent for maturing beauty (image 3).
CORRECT OR ERASE?
The following flow chart will help you determine which concealer is best suited to your needs: