This week we’ve had some brilliant news at Illamasqua. One of our favourite bloggers, Temptalia, has awarded us with 4 of her Editor’s Choice Awards in the 2013 Temptalia Awards.
Here’s what we’ve been honoured with:
For those of you that want to know a little more about our winners, here’s the low down:
At Illamasqua, Nails
are just as much of a statement as make-up. We love to play with colours, textures and finishes which is why you’ll find all sorts of nail formulas. Here are a few of my favourites:
- Bright colour: Cameo, a new cornflower blue. It is such a bold and fresh colour with a strong, full finish. Although two coats gives the best finish, even one will suffice.
- Textures: Glitterati, part of our Christmas Nail Duo set. A wine coloured varnish with multi-coloured thick and fine glitter pieces.
- Finish: Without a doubt, the most peculiar finish comes with Hemlock. A Tinkerbell glow, it can be used alone for an ethereal sheen or added to any colour to completely transform the shade and finish.
For the best multi-use investment, Pigment is the way forward. Although in this case these have been hailed as a great eye product, why stop there? I use my ‘Furore’ Pure Pigment
– a champagne coloured shimmer with slightly glittering particles – as a highlighter. Apply to the brow bones to add definition, and at the very end of your make-up dust a thick, blended line of it onto your cheekbones to contour. This is a great highlighting alternative for anyone with oilier skin who struggles to use cream highlighters.
Voted the Best Everyday Blush, this Cream Blusher
is a warm shade with brown and pink tones. To compliment this, I’d recommend our Sheer Lipgloss in Enchant
. Although it is a warm shade, it has slightly pinker tones than the blusher so you won’t look too match-matchy.
Moulds were broken and norms challenged with the launch of Human Fundamentalism
. A bright, eclectic and varied collection, HF contains something for everyone. Here are my picks:
- For the classic beauties: You’ll love our Neutral Palette, containing 4 simple colours that can be mixed and matched to give you the perfect smoky eye.
- For the boundary pushers: You’ll love one of our most daring lipsticks yet – Apocalips. This bold teal lipstick has a matt finish and is a unique colour burst for any make-up look.
- For the multi-use mavens: Transform any pigment or shadow into a waterproof eye liner using our Sealing Gel. It will not budge and is ideal for keeping crisp during teary moments or even when battling allergies or hayfever.
Do you think we deserve these awards? Temptalia may have chosen us for our Editor’s Choice Awards, but her Reader’s Choice Awards are still open! Please vote for us if you’ve liked our 2012 launches – it would mean the world to us – and here’s hoping her readers think of much of us as she does.
Thank you Temptalia for this tremendous honour.
Until next time! Rose x